Moment

That moment, your new girlfriend discovers
that all your Internet passwords
are the name of your last
girlfriend, that moment,
well, it really
sucks.

That next moment, the one where she looks
at me with beggar's eyes wanting
to know if I still love
my ex, that moment,
yeah, is even
worse.

That last moment, where I look back at her
knowing the truth, but not sure
if I want her to know
it too, that moment,
sigh, I wanna
lie.


*This was actually the very first thing I ever had published. It appeared in the Daytona State College Literary Magazine called Aeolus. It is far from my best work, but it's important: this was the first step, a small one, but a necessary one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The First Time Some Boy Groped My Girl

Rites of Stillborn Romance

On Your Mark, Get Set or One, Two, Three